October 12, 2010

Weekend in the mountains

Yellow

I just returned from my annual fall trip to the mountains with the group of women friends I refer to as the Wild Women . It’s the tenth time I’ve made this retreat: appropriately, we gathered this year on 10/10/10.

We did the same things we usually do. We went hiking, we admired the foliage, we walked the labyrinth. We cooked meals together. We sat by the fire, we listened to music, I took naked photos. Mostly, we talked, sometimes in a big group, sometimes in small groups, sometimes in pairs. I like the routine of gathering in the same place every year: I’m able to look at myself more clearly and see how I’ve changed. And it helps to have good friends who come with me each year and have become part of that journey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the yellow.

BrightenedBoy said...

Every time you discuss naked photos in the mountains, I think about the one picture you refused to show us of your moonlit backside.

Digger said...

Like.