Here's the Friday Five meme from the RevGalBlogPals.
1. Comfort beverage: Herbal tea. I put a square of dark chocolate on my tongue, then take a big gulp of hot tea, and let the chocolate melt in my mouth. Mmmm....
2. Comfort chair: I hike back in my woods to a fallen tree, which makes a nice place to sit and think about life.
3. Comfort read: Books written for young people. Especially books written in other time periods, like the Betsy-Tacy books by Maud Hart Lovelace or the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
4. Comfort television/DVD/music: It would never occur to me to turn on the television for comfort. I watch very little television, and even then, only because someone else has turned it on. The only time I can ever remember watching television by myself is on September 11, 2001. I was home alone, and my mother called and told me to put the television on.
I don't really have comfort music either although the CD that I have listened to many times when I am sad is Joni Mitchell's Blue.
5. Comfort companion(s): My husband. He's a really calm, stable person, very comforting and reassuring. And my daughter is wonderful to be around when I am feeling down. But I also can be cheered up my sons, my extended family, my friends. I even get long distance comfort by exchanging emails with Artist Friend or Mirror Friend.