May 31, 2012

Pink

Prickly pear cactus

As we hiked through the desert landscape of bare ground, sheer rock cliffs, and relentless heat, I couldn't help but take out my camera every time I saw a blossom.

"You're afraid of heights but now you're risking your life to take a photo of a FLOWER?" my husband asked in disbelief every time I crept out on an outcropping to take a picture of a blossom in an unexpected place.

I especially loved the prickly pear cactus, whose buds were tightly shut when we arrived on the trail at dawn, but whose petals opened as the day went on.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Ah, lovely.

Natalia Singer said...

Lovely photos as always, and I hope you and your husband are enjoying every moment of this trip. I'm so glad you went. You will come home with more sun inside, which will brighten up the nursing home.