March 02, 2013

Starting to feel human again

I changed the sheets on the bed and then got back in just to smell the clean cotton.

My husband gathered up the half-empty glasses of ginger ale, water, and gatorade that I'd scattered all over the house. He dumped dead flowers into the compost pile and stuck the vase into the dishwasher. He gathered towels and clothes for the washing machine. He cleaned the bathroom.

I cleared away the books and papers that had accumulated by my bedside. I put away the heating pad. I moved my laptop from the bed down to my desk.

I ate a bowl of rice.

And then? I took a shower.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray! Progress! Glad you're up and about some.

fairbetty said...

\o/ Keep feeling better!

Nik said...

This sounds like the worst disease ever. Good husband though. I hope you keep feeling better.

jodi said...

Glad you are on the mend! There is something wonderful about the smell of clean sheets.

Amber said...

How good it is to feel healthy again! Glad you're on the mend.

readersguide said...

Feeling better?

Zhoen said...

That's a relief. Clean sheets, brushed teeth, the fragile sense of settling down.

Rana said...

Being clean after being ill feels so great, doesn't it? Keep healing up, and be well again soon!