March 24, 2014

Writing retreat

DSC_0328

Every day during my writing retreat, I took a walk outside. Most of the time, I wore jeans and a t-shirt. No coat! No mittens! I'd wake up early, eat breakfast, and then take a walk outside. I'd write furiously for a couple of hours, and then go outside to sit in the sunshine for awhile. Then I'd eat lunch, write for a couple of more hours, and then go for another walk in the sunshine. I think I could get used to that kind of life. It's lovely.

 I'm back home now, where it is most certainly not spring. We've still got snowbanks along the driveway, and solid patches of ice. I brushed snow off my car before I drove to work today. And I'm still wearing mittens, a scarf, and winter boots. That lovely week in the sunshine seems really long ago.

4 comments:

Trudy said...

Looks like a beautiful place to think and write.

Amanda said...

Welcome home.

BrightenedBoy said...

Down here in Southern State it's finally starting to warm up, for which I'm extremely grateful. We've had one crazy winter.

Tara Lynn Johnson said...

That sounds awesome. Great pics all over your blog. :-)

~Tara