1) I have a heavy teaching load, which means lots and lots of time grading papers. I don't have time for blogging.
2) I have a bunch of kids at home, which does not give me much time for blogging.
3) I live in a rural area, which means chores like chopping wood, shoveling snow, gardening, maintaining trails. I don't have time to blog.
4) I've got lots of other people I take care of besides my kids: my parents, my elderly mother-in-law, and a whole range of "extra" kids who spend every weekend at my house. I don't have time for blogging.
5) I've got a whole manuscript to work on this semester, and I've already vowed to spend all my at-home work time writing that book. I don't have time to blog.
6) I have no quiet time for writing profound thoughts on a blog. My office at school is in the library, which is pretty much the social center of campus, and my office is always filled with students and colleagues who like to hang there. My home is filled with kids and cats, racing about, playing silly games, and sometimes hissing at each other. Within twenty feet of my home workspace, I can count about six musical instruments: piano, saxophone, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, electric bass, and full set of drums. At this very moment, I can count no less than 11 teenage guys jamming in my living room. My home is awfully loud for blogging.
7) I'm vegan which means every meal involves endless chopping of vegetables. I have no time to blog.
8) I have nothing juicy or suspenseful to blog about: I'm in a long-term monogamous relationship. Unlike most academics, I live in my hometown, so I cannot make humorous detached, cynical comments about the culture here. I like my job. I like my mother. I even like my P & T committee.
9) I am a feminist, which means the gang of teenage boys that currently inhabit my living room get impromptu lectures from me about every twenty minutes. That leaves me no time for blogging.
10) I got a graduate degree using a typewriter. I don't know anything about the technology part of blogging. And if I want to keep the blog anonymous, I can't ask help from my usual tech support crew, that is, the gang of teen-agers currently rocking out in my living room.
11) I hate it when people take nouns and make them into verbs. I simply cannot bring myself to blog.
12) And besides, if I haven't mentioned this already, I have no time for blogging.