Well, I am not sure whether or not this will work as a meme, but I like making up memes so I am going to try it anyhow. I hope this makes up for how bad I am at answering emails. The rules? You have to figure them out yourself.
1. No, I don't live near Bison City. I live near Snowstorm City. SNOWSTORM CITY GETS WAY MORE SNOW THAN BISON CITY. We get more snow than any other city our size in the lower 48. Don't confuse us with Bison City! Sheesh.
2. Yep, pretty much. It's easier than making stuff up.
3. Why does everyone ask that? 45.
4. Because he's a very reserved person. I don't think he wants a starring role on my blog. Besides, this is my space, not his. I think he reads the blog on occasion, but mostly he respects it as my space.
5. Since 1978. We've been married for 22 years.
6. I'm not telling.
7. I never seriously considered moving away. I am lucky that I have a job I love, because I can't imagine relocating for a job. I am rooted here.
8. I don't have one. But everyone thinks I do.
9. Yes. I love that. Often readers will email me with their own stories, often very personal stuff, and it makes me feel honored that they share that kind of thing with me.
10. Oh, yes. I know it's hard to imagine, but I do. I am often tempted to post hate email because it's written so badly, and it would be so much fun to just rip the writers apart in a blog post. But that would be mean. And mainly, I feel sorry for the hate mail writers. I guess I should feel sorry that they are filled with so much hate and anger, but mostly I feel bad that they are such terrible writers. Seriously, we need to do something about education in this country.
11. Yes. About five posts in all. They were really personal, and my blog was getting so much traffic that I felt it was time to take them down.
12. My daughter does. And my mother and my sisters and my nieces. I think the males in the family -- particularly my teenage sons -- are worried that they might see a naked photo of me or something, and be scarred for life. So they don't usually read it.
13. Yep. Two siblings stumbled onto my blog while googling the name of this tiny island we swim on. I didn't give the island a fake name because its name already sounded like a pseudonym, and I figured no one would recognize it. And my daughter and niece found my blog when they used my computer. Anyone who has accidentally come upon a blog post of mine has recognized me immediately. I wasn't making a big effort to hide my blog -- I just hadn't announced it. But everyone in the family knows about it now.
14. Because I'm such a caretaker. It wouldn't be healthy for me.
15. Since September 11, 2001. See, eating lower on the food chain helps reduce poverty. And that can help reduce terrorism because poverty breeds terrorism. Yes, I know it's really a loose connection and mainly just symbolic but I wanted to do something. And it makes more sense than dropping bombs or voting conservative assholes into office.
16. Yeah, that was a result of 9/11 too. Reiki is a healing energy. It seems like we can use all the healing we can get.
17. Well, it's a way of being in solidarity with women in the Middle East. Besides, belly dancing is fun and a great way to keep the abdominal muscles in shape.
18. Roman Catholic. But now I am an eclectic mix of all kinds of beliefs and spiritual practices.
19. Benedictine. I go there on retreat every September and every March.
21. Oh, mostly I am being silly. But it fits with the way I take photos, since I don't particularly like posed pictures -- I like some posed photos but too often they seem fake to me. I think that's why so many people will act goofy when you ask them to pose. I was taking faceless photos long before I started blogging. But I also like that some of my blog entries could be about any family, anywhere .... well, any family with a bunch of kids who do stuff like duct tape small toys to the ceiling fans.
22. I choose pseudonyms that I can remember easily so that my blog will have consistent characters.
23. Of course not. Like if I have a fight with my husband, I am going to talk to some close friends about it. I am not going to write about it on my blog. Well, unless it's funny.
24. Well, people are surprised to find I'm not funny. I mean, sometimes I can write funny, but in real life, I am more like my serious blog posts. Sappy and rambling.
25. Why not?