May 22, 2007

Pseudonymous Chainsaw Guy

Pseudonymous Chainsaw Guy

Conversation with my daughter as we sit lazily on the couch with our laptops.

Me: Do you like this photo?
Daughter: Yeah. You gonna put it on your blog?
Me: I guess. I need to write something to go with it.
Daughter: Who's that guy in the horror movie?
Me: Horror movie?
Daughter: Yeah, the guy with the chainsaw.
Daughter: Here, I'll google it.
Me: You want me to compare my father to some murderer?
Daughter: Maybe not.
Daughter: You should write something funny,
Me: But I'm not funny.
Daughter: That's true.
Me: Other people say funny stuff, and I write it down.
Daughter: You could talk about how you get your fashion sense from your father.
Me: What?
Daughter: That would be funny.

13 comments:

Rana said...

I take it you and your father are both fond of plaid? *smile*

I can see how your daughter takes after you... *smile, again*

Anonymous said...

okay, we've got two plaids going on here but they are both in the blue family, so technically...it's a bit fashion forward.

Kyla said...

*lol* Very funny.

Patti said...

"Oh I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK..." Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Linda said...

And she'd be right. That is pretty funny. ;-)w

Yankee T said...

Terrific kid.

BeachMama said...

Now that it funny.

Anonymous said...

I'd eavesdrop but the chain saw is too loud!

Too funny!

Anonymous said...

love the photo and the story!

i'm guessing dad's fashion statement is, "it's spring, dammit! even if it is 40 degrees!" am i close?

skatey katie said...

*stage whispers oh so gently*
jo(e)
Daughter: Whose that guy in the horror movie?
= who's (who is)
(i know that's ridiculously cheeky from moi who avoids capital letters...)

*sings*
i love the earmuffs!!! but i think you'd suit heart-shaped ones.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Overheard:
Student #1: "Who's that laughing out loud in the library?"
Student #2: "That would be cloudscome. She's reading Jo(e)'s blog again."

ccw said...

I love these conversations!

jo(e) said...

kate5kiwis: Oh, good catch. I am going to have to go change it now ... I can't stand to have those kind of mistakes in my writing.