May 25, 2009

Powerful women

Fighting crime

It began with women dancing naked on the roof.

See, my sons were driving to the Midwest to go to the College Ultimate Championships, my husband was still at work, and I was packing for camp. My daughter was staying for the long weekend because her friend Free Spirit, who currently lives in Southern State with Obnoxious Theme Parks had driven up here for a visit. When Free Spirit bounced into the house, I was busy making fruit salad at the kitchen counter. I listened while the two young women talked excitedly and made plans for their weekend.

Hey,” I said jokingly, “You can pose naked for my blog. You’re both old enough now.”

Free Spirit looked up. “You put naked photos on your blog?”

My daughter nodded, “Yep, she does.”

I hastened to explain, “Usually women much older than the two of you.”

My daughter opened her laptop. “You should see the yoga pose her one friend did. She can touch her face to her legs. And she’s a grandmother.”

Free Spirit looked at the computer. “I love this.”

Minutes later, my daughter and Free Spirit were climbing naked through my daughter’s bedroom window and out onto the roof.

“Maybe we need to wear hats,” Free Spirit said. She’d brought some hats with her, including one that made her look like a pirate.

“How about capes?” I asked. “You can be superheros.”

“CAPES? DEFINITELY!”

Happily, they donned two of my capes – the shiny red one for my daughter, the purple velvet for Free Spirit. And then using their special powers, they began crawling up the roof to save the world.

17 comments:

BeachMama said...

Another reason why you are a really awesome Mom.

Magpie said...

Yeah, you are the best mother.

susan said...

This is making me smile, big time.

angelfeet said...

Wonderful! And the colours of those capes are delicious.

RageyOne said...

very cool!

Queen of West Procrastination said...

This post has made my morning, and it's still only 7:30 here.

Liz Miller said...

What a fabulous photo!

ScienceWoman said...

Awesome photo. I love the capes contrasted against the colors of the roof and trees.

Amber S said...

So, so cool.

Fantastic pic!

Elias Alfred McQuaid IV said...

oh my...

a/k/a Nadine said...

They may be wearing capes, but you're the one with superpowers-- getting all these people to pose naked!

Tie-Dye Brother-in-law said...

You really needed a wind, blowing the capes straight out backwards.

Just for reasons of cape aesthetics, of course...

YourFireAnt said...

Naked posing: the next generation. I love this.

FA

Unknown said...

Your blog is just so satisfying every time. Like a long cool dip in a deep lake.... naked.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic picture. I love the capes.

BrightenedBoy said...

Oh, Jo(e). Sometimes I wonder that you don't know how great you are.

When I need an example of what a parent should be, or even just a lift, I come here.

Unknown said...

just wonderful.