April 26, 2010

Spring at the monastery

Spring at the monastery

Flowers were blooming at the monastery, especially in sheltered corners. The breeze was chilly, and the air cold in the shadows, but on Saturday afternoon, I found a corner of stone where I could sit on the ground with my back against an old stone building, out of the wind. The stones radiated heat. I coiled myself into the spot and sat absolutely still, sinking into the silence. The heat soaked into my cold feet, my hands, the bare skin of my arms until my entire body was warmed through and through.

5 comments:

heidi said...

Ha! You are so snake-like.

rented life said...

I love this picture. It makes me think of "home"-where I grew up.

BrightenedBoy said...

This was lovely to read, especially when it's been so chilly lately.

Unknown said...

Oh, beautiful!

BeachMama said...

Looks like such a beautiful place. I hope you had a wonderful Birthday!