October 17, 2010

Weekend at home

Green Lakes

Even though I've walked around Pretty Colour Lake hundreds of times, I never get tired of the view. The colours of the lake change depending on the season, the time of day, and the weather. Red-haired Sister was in town with her kids this weekend, their traditional trip home to go apple-picking, and we ended up, as usual, walking at the lake. Shaggy Hair Boy and Dandelion Niece went off in one direction while my parents and sister went around in the other direction, chatting as they walked. Suburban Nephew and I kept lagging behind or running ahead to take photos.

Eric

That's Suburban Nephew, venturing out on a log to take a photo.

2 comments:

Jennifer (ponderosa) said...

I love the baby trees growing from the (at the?) feet of those felled.

Sarah Sometimes said...

These are stunning pictures. I wish I could be there.