June 28, 2012

Dill

Dill

Thanks to fresh produce from the local farmers' market and the culinary skills of my friends, we had marvelous meals all week. Even breakfasts were a treat: Ocean Breeze set out bowls of fresh fruit and made scones to go with local strawberry-rhubarb jam. But perhaps the biggest treat were the dill pickles we brought home from the farmer's market. They were just the right mixture of crunchy and sour. I set them on the counter in the late afternoon when we were all looking for a snack, and we chomped through them in minutes. Only in places near Big City Like No Other can you get dill pickles like that.

5 comments:

Bardiac said...

Yum!

Something I've had a couple of times, and is surprisingly good, is fried (battered) pickles. Surprisingly good!

Cindy said...

I looove dill pickles.

Cindy said...

I looove dill pickles.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I remember those and chocolate eggcremes.

Magpie said...

picklicious?