February 24, 2013

Sunshine

Blue skies in February February can be a dreadful month, filled with the anxiety of driving on icy roads and the disappointment of weather cancellations. But this year, the month has gone by quickly. My weekdays have been so busy I haven’t had time to be melancholy. My weekends have been packed with good things: a potluck with my women friends to begin the month, music events with my youngest son, date nights with my husband, and a retreat at the monastery. This weekend, I flew to the southwest to join my husband after his conference, and we spent a couple of days hiking in the desert sun. March will be here before we know it.

8 comments:

L said...

lucky you to be able to spend a few days in the SW. I'm officially jealous now. :-)

but I have nothing to complain, the weather is nice here in VA.

Amanda said...

Way to make the most of a short month!

Tie-Dye Brother-in-law said...

It seems you missed an opportunity for a title...

"After two days in the desert sun"

jo(e) said...

Tie-Dye Brother-in-law: I had to google the phrase to figure out what you were talking about. It came up on youtube, and now everyone in the airport is wondering why I'm listening to A Horse With No Name.

kathy a. said...

how can you take us straight from snowy monastery to desert rocks? transitions! we need them!

but, sounds like you are having a lot of fun.

jo(e) said...

Kathy: Yeah, I guess I should have written a post in between about the frantic days of teaching classes, going to meetings, doing laundry, catching up on work, and all the stuff I have to do in between these nice weekends I've been having.

Zhoen said...

Zion?

jo(e) said...

Yep. We spent two days hiking in Zion.