December 25, 2007

Christmas Self-portrait

Shiny

Urban Sophisticate Sister: What are you doing?
Me: Taking a self-portrait.
Urban Sophisticate Sister (leaning in to get into the picture): Oh, that's clever.
Red-haired Sister: The round surface will make you look all weird and distorted.
Urban Sophisticate Sister (pulling away from the photo shoot): Um, yeah.
Red-haired Sister: And your face will be all red.
Me: But I think it's a traditional shot for bloggers.
Me: So I have to take it anyhow.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

It's traditional NOW, I expect.

Kyla said...

Very cool.

Merry Christmas, jo(e).

Liz Miller said...

Merry Christmas!!

Zhoen said...

Good tradition. Reminds me of my own fascination with shiny christmas balls when I was small.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

very cool

niobe said...

How about the traditional taking- a-picture-of-your-own-reflection-in-the-bowl-of-a-spoon picture? I think (if I remember this right, not having a spoon to experiment with) that you'll be upside down.

YourFireAnt said...

You and your traditions! tsk!


FA

Cathy said...

I think we could start a trend of taking self portraits in different ways like this - it's like starting a cult. It is cool.

Nikki said...

I love this idea and will have to do it next year. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog roll. :-)