May 20, 2015

Sunday on the farm

The farm

One Sunday my husband and I drove out to a farm set high up in the hills. We saw goats, chickens, and several big, furry dogs. At the base of the silo, I saw a snake slithering up a thick vine: the first snake of the year.  A teenage girl carried a rooster over to show us.

It was lovely to spend a spring morning on a farm. The big barn was filled with tables that had been covered with white tablecloths, and we sat down for brunch with my son Shaggy Hair Boy, his girlfriend Smiley Girl, and her parents. As we ate, we talked about an exciting upcoming event: Shaggy Hair Boy and Smiley Girl will be getting married on the farm in August.

Guests will eat and dance and listen to music in the big barn, which will be decorated with strings of little white lights. The ceremony will be held in the meadow, with a long view of the hills in the distance. And probably anyone who comes to the wedding will enjoy playing with the goats.

14 comments:

Mwa said...

Such exciting times! Congratulations!

Marty said...

I will wish a dry August for your
meadow wedding. It all sounds delightful.
Not a fan of the anonymous hall receptions.

Knatolee said...

What a gorgeous barn!!! ANd I'ld love some goats. Lovely place for a wedding!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

L said...

Oh, how lovely!! I second Marty's wish for a dry day for their wedding. Lat August we went to a wedding that couldn't be held on the meadow, but had to be moved inside the barn instead. :-( Hopefully that won't happen at Shaggy Hair Boy and Smiley Girl's wedding!

Liz Miller said...

Mazel tov!

TexWisGirl said...

that's awesome! congratulations to you and your growing family!

EG CameraGirl said...

Sounds like it will be a lovely country wedding!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sounds like a wonderful venue for a wedding...except for the ssnake:(

Amber said...

Beautiful! Congratulations!

MadSnapper said...

i detest weddings but would love to go to one on a farm.. love all things with 4 legs..

beemama said...

Oh, congratulations to them! And a wedding on the farm is lovely...such a place for new beginnings! I guess it makes sense that he's old enough to marry, since my little baby is now (way) taller than me, and off early on his own for a morning bike adventure. He doesn't want to waste a moment...and reading this, neither do I.

beemama said...

Oh, congratulations to them! And a wedding on the farm is lovely...such a place for new beginnings! I guess it makes sense that he's old enough to marry, since my little baby is now (way) taller than me, and off early on his own for a morning bike adventure. He doesn't want to waste a moment...and reading this, neither do I.

beemama said...

Oh, congratulations to them! And a wedding on the farm is lovely...such a place for new beginnings! I guess it makes sense that he's old enough to marry, since my little baby is now (way) taller than me, and off early on his own for a morning bike adventure. He doesn't want to waste a moment...and reading this, neither do I.