August 04, 2015

Ah, vacation


Olympic National Park

What I love about the Pacific Northwest is that the landscape is so varied. We hiked up mountains, we walked on sandy beaches, we hiked through a rainforest, and we spend an afternoon climbing around rocks as we searched tide pools for starfish. Every morning, my husband and I would find a diner where we could eat a huge breakfast while we planned our day. "Shall we go hiking? Shall we find a beach? Where should we go for the sunset?" It was lovely to spend a whole week doing nothing but visiting beautiful places.

Sand Dunes

That tiny figure on the beach in the bottom photo is my husband, searching for the best place to watch the sunset.

11 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Magic.
I hope we get some photos of that sunset too.

Cat Lover said...

So beautiful! I love the beach.

Anonymous said...

The Pacific Northwest is so beautiful. Love seeing your photos and being reminded of its breathtaking beauty.

Marty said...

I wonder if I'll ever make it over to that side of the country?
It looks as though there will plenty to do once I get there.

Gail said...

A beautiful place to be.

PKLM said...

Sunsets -- ahh thanks for the visual vacation

DJan said...

It's really lovely. And of course I went again to your location and found that it's near Traintrack Village... I love it here in my adopted home, the Pacific Northwest, too. :-)

Mwa said...

That doesn't sound like doing nothing. More like having a perfect vacation.

EG CameraGirl said...

Sounds totally delightful!

Jeanie said...

This is an area I've not traveled but your photos make it looks so gorgeous and appealing! It sounds like just the right place for making fabulous memories!

annette said...

Stunning!! Glad you are enjoying it all!