November 09, 2005

Science, Literature, Art, and all that Jazz ....

I've decided to run away from home. I've cancelled my classes, packed my suitcase, and am flying off to a big city in the midwest.

I love conferences. I am an extrovert who enjoys meeting new people and catching up with old friends. I love going to dinner with a whole group of people who want to talk about books and ideas. I like to go to sessions to hear new things that will excite me and to question old assumptions. I will love spending four days in a big city, walking around neighborhoods, going to the art institute or the aquarium, exploring the waterfront, and eating in restaurants.

Sleep deprivation is the one problem I have a conferences. Because I like to do everything. I'll go to as many sessions as I can. I'll explore the city. I'll swim in the hotel pool and talk friends into joining me in the hot tub. I'll go on a pub crawl with my friends, even though I don't drink. I'll stay up late talking to Artist Friend. I'll go to the dance Saturday night and dance every single song and not leave until the band packs up and leaves first.

I'll be back next week with stories to tell.

14 comments:

Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Have a wonderful time!

halloweenlover said...

Have fun and stay up late and dance and dance! We'll miss you!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

OH, jo(e), I miss you! I wish I were going with you--couldn't I stow away in your suitcase!!!! I want to come and play and learn. Mary XOX

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

PS, I love your new Template, it's GREAT!!!! YAY! YEBA YEBA! Mary :-)

Minoa said...

Sounds like you might be headed to my old sweet home.... Hope you have a wonderful time! Wave to the Aquarium, museums, and planetarium for me!

listie said...

Have a wonderful time! I can't wait to read all the great stories you'll write for us when you get back.

RageyOne said...

Safe travels to you!

Phantom Scribbler said...

We'll miss you, both here and at the bar...

Seeking Solace said...

Have a great time!!! Have a drink on me!

Rev Dr Mom said...

Have a wonderful time, jo(e); although I guess we don't need to encourage you since it sounds like that's what you plan!

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Liz Miller said...

Have a great time! We'll miss you!

Yankee, Transferred said...

Cannot WAIT for the stories!

Running2Ks said...

Have a great trip, and you tell the best stories--so I look forward to your return.

Anonymous said...

Chicago is a helluva town--enjoy yourself!