August 12, 2008

With style

Across the dunes

On Sunday's walk, we followed a nature trail through a thicket of red cedar trees, blueberry bushes, beach plums, and poison ivy. The trail ended at the top of sand dune overlooking the ocean. Golden grasses covered the sides of the sand dunes, but a path led down to the beach. Most family members took off their shoes and went running down, their feet kicking up the sand. Suburban Nephew choose to tumble down, head over heels. At the bottom, he stood up, brushed the sand off his legs, and said: "That's how I roll."

"That's how I roll"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL.

YourFireAnt said...

Jo(e), what a great shot, that nephew shot. Fascinating and interesting.

FA

Cathy said...

NOw THAT is a cool shot.
All I can think about are sandspurs that we have here. That would cure anyone from rolling in the sand. Do you all have those up there?

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Your photos in the past week are just really lovely. You have such a good eye and the composition is always balanced and interesting. You are right about the waterlilies and frogs too.

crazymumma said...

Everytime I visit you, you are on the road.

And I say to myself. Why and how does she get that privilege? But I am happy for you, don't get me wrong....

jo(e) said...

Cathy: Sandspurs? I've never heard of them.

jo(e) said...

FA and Cloudscome: Thanks!

Crazymumma: I *have* been gone a lot this summer. But classes start again in less than two weeks ....

Gawdess said...

he is a funny kid!
Like the wave of sand that is rolling with him in that second picture.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. My kids use the expression all the time.

Anonymous said...

At the bottom, he stood up, brushed the sand off his legs, and said: "That's how I roll."

*laughs*