March 10, 2007

City morning

Morning street just after rain

This morning I woke up early and went out to buy juice and biscuits. I love to walk city streets in the morning, before they are crowded with people. The sidewalks were wet and glistening cleanly. Shop owners carried out boxes of fruit and racks of scarves, setting up colourful displays. Big red double-decker buses rumbled by. I wandered about happily, peering down side streets and stopping to smell bunches of cut flowers that crowded into green buckets, before buying what we needed for breakfast and going back to the flat to wake up my husband and daughter for another day of exploring the city.

10 comments:

Gannet Girl said...

OK, that is a FABULOUS photograph -- angle and colors; amazing. I have just been skimming your trip entries and will come back to read in more detail later, but I could not let that image pass without a comment.

Kyla said...

Beautiful photo. BubTar was extremely excited to see a double decker bus just like the toy his grandpa bought him from that very city.

Anonymous said...

Love. That. City.

Soak up some extra for me.

Anonymous said...

What camera are you using that gets such great colors?

Jodie

jo(e) said...

Jodie: It's just a Kodak point-and-shot camera. I'd like to get a good camera and learn something about photography someday -- perhaps after all my kids are grown up, I'll have the time and money for that.

Anonymous said...

i miss fruitstands.

lostinthemiddle said...

Oh. Those tangerines look lovely. And, with the stems still on.

Todd said...

Fantastic picture! I think every color may exist in it somewhere. :)

Silver Creek Mom said...

Oh ONE day that will be ME!

BeachMama said...

I just love that photo!! Makes me wish I lived there, or was at least visiting :)