November 05, 2008

In print

I watched the coverage on the television set last night. I talked with twitter friends and blog friends. My daughter kept reading aloud text messages from Film Guy, who was following the election from the west coast. With my four kids beside me, I watched the concession speech and the acceptance speech. I read jubilant status messages on facebook and instant messenger.

But I don't think the news really sunk in until I stopped at a newspaper box on my way to work, put in some quarters, and held this morning's paper in my hands.

In print

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at the rally. It exceeded my every expectation. What an experience! I'm so proud of my city and my country!

Norah

YourFireAnt said...

I went to bed at my normal time last night, not knowing the results. This morning when I took my paper off the step and saw the headline I cheered so loud I woke my neighbors.

;-)

Rana said...

Dangit, I'm tearing up AGAIN!

This morning I walked to the local newspaper vending box and bought one. WOOOO!

justin said...

What fantastic news about Obama ~ I now feel the world is a safer place to live in.

kathy a. said...

rana, i keep crying, too.

Unknown said...

I didn't really grasp the news until tonight, Obama, cool as a cucumber, was answering questions about what he'd do first as though it was the most natural thing in the world that he is the new leader of the free world.

FOUR years of this wonderful articulate man! What a pleasure it will be to listen to him

And the puppy! Aren't you dying to know what they will pick?

;-)

jess said...

The election got blanket coverage even here in far-distant Australia. What a great result! Makes me feel like emigrating to America!

landismom said...

I'm keeping the front section of yesterday's paper. Right next to the (now infamous) New Yorker cover, with the turban-clad Barack fist-jabbing the Michelle-as-Angela Davis.

Yes We Can!

Kathryn and Ari said...

And what a victory speech: just beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Now I giggle in hopeful joy everytime I hear "president elect Obama" on the news.