January 01, 2009

Bits of colour

Gift

A few weeks ago, Quilt Artist gave me an ornament that she had made from buttons. I smiled when I saw the ornament because it so reminded me of her studio, which is filled with bright, rich fabrics, and boxes of ribbons and buttons, and just piles of colour spilling everywhere. When I took the ornament off the tree, I didn't pack it away with the Christmas stuff, but hung it from the bulletin board above my desk, near the photo she had also given me. The photo shows eleven women sitting on a stone staircase, all smiling into the camera, after our annual October weekend in the mountains. I'm sitting in the very middle of the group, surrounded by friends. During the winter months, when I'm at home at my desk in a quiet house, and everyone I know is at school or work, I'll take a moment at the beginning of the day to look at these bright buttons.

8 comments:

Busymomma66 said...

Lovely photo. Lovely ornament. Lovely post.

Sue said...

Oh, how beautiful!!

Zhoen said...

Ever thought of buttons as symbols of coming together?

Rev Dr Mom said...

That's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture and what lovely things to have to brighen up your day.

Magpie said...

I! Love! That!

And, I can do that!

Unknown said...

Thank you my friend
S

Anonymous said...

that's a cool ornament!!