December 13, 2009

Droopy household

Our holiday season has gotten off to a slow start. Thanks to this never-ending flu, I’ve missed the holiday piano recital and the first two holidays parties. But finally, I’m starting to feel better. I actually slept last night: the cough is getting better. I’m tired and achy, but I had the energy today to sit at my desk and make a to-do list. I'm leaving it out for elves to find.

I’m wondering who the household is going to get sick next. My husband already has a cough. Boy in Black complained last night that his ears and throat were hurting. We had planned to go get our Christmas tree this afternoon, but this afternoon, I looked around the house and noticed sleeping bodies everywhere. No one seems to have any energy. The kids and I are at the end of our semesters and my husband took the week of Christmas off. I think everyone is looking forward to a quiet time of eating warm food and catching up on sleep.

Afternoon nap

Boy in Black, napping on the couch.

6 comments:

heidi said...

I love that the kitty sleeps right on top of him!

Liz Miller said...

Sacked out!

Jodie said...

"I had the energy today to sit at my desk and make a to-do list. I'm leaving it out for elves to find. "

Oh, I KNOW that feeling.

Sandy said...

Glad your finally feeling better.

Jenevieve said...

That couch looks massive and oh-so- nappable!

Sarah Sometimes said...

I want to come over and take a nap on that couch!