March 19, 2005

Trying to remember where I put my bathing suit last August ...

Tomorrow's the last day of my spring break. Monday I am back to classes, meetings, students - and a whole stack of midterm papers to grade. It's been a good week for me, but not so great for Spouse, who was home with a houseful of kids while I was at the monastery. And today's funeral, for his best friend's father, was difficult. It doesn't feel like spring at all: we still have snow on the ground.

So today we decided to do something special tonight for our Saturday date night. We are going to leave Daughter in charge of her brothers and all the extra kids. And we are going to a hotel with a pool, a hot tub, and no kids. We will pretend that we are someplace exotic. And actually it will feel exotic, because we usually stay in a tent when we travel on vacations. Spouse is running a quick errand to buy enough junk food to ensure that the teenagers will not starve to death while we are gone. And I am off to pack.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

How luxurious! What a great way to end your spring break.

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Yay for you! Have a great time!

timna said...

I love the idea!
Sounds like it's been a good spring break altogether!

Sergei C. said...

Jo(e)'s gonna get laid! Yay!

Phantom Scribbler said...

Yay, jo(e)! Clap, clap, clap!

Ianqui said...

Sounds like simple, delightful fun. I hope it was.

jo(e) said...

Sergei, darling, keep your fantasies to your self.

~profgrrrrl~ said...

That's a GREAT idea. Hope you had a wonderful time together. (And I'm sure the teenagers enjoyed their junk food)