May 17, 2005

See How They Run

I saw this meme first over at Dr. H's.


Three names you go by:
Mom
MOOOOOOOOOOM
Please?

Three screen names you've had:
In my days as a movie star?
But that would reveal my identity.
Don't worry, I'm not Madonna.

Three physical things you like about yourself:
The way my body looks.
The way my body moves.
The way my body reacts to another body.

Three physical things you dislike about yourself:
I wish my teeth were cavity-proof.
I wish my feet did not get cold so easily.
I wish I didn't get migraines.

Three parts of your heritage:
Irish. Italian. German.

Three things you are wearing right now:
T-shirt. Panties. Body butter.

Three favorite bands/musical artists:
Joni Mitchell. Beach Boys. Miles Davis.

The last three songs you listened to:
Rain by Patty Griffin.
China by Tori Amos.
I Like You by Joules Graves.

Three things you want in a relationship:
Willingness to be emotionally intimate, even if that is scary.
Willingness to take responsibility for own behavior.
Willingness to talk.

Three physical things about the preferred sex that appeals to you:
Eyes. Voice. Hands.

Three of your favorite hobbies:
I don't like the word hobby because it makes things I do sound trivial. And I don't think anything I do - writing, hiking, canoeing, camping, sailing, blogging, reiki, belly dancing, gardening, skiing - is trivial.

Three things you want to do really badly right now:
I think I made a vow once not to blog my daydreams.
I think there's plenty of erotica on the internet already.

Three things that scare you:
I am afraid of heights but only when I'm out West. Heights don't bother me when I can look down and see treetops. Somehow, I have the idea that the trees will rescue me if I fall. Yes, I understand how logical that is.

I am very claustrophobic. The thought of being trapped in a small places makes me panic. I get nervous even on elevators.

Worst fear, though, is that something bad will happen to one of my kids and I will be helpless to stop it.

Three of your everyday essentials:
Affection. Sex. Talking.

Three careers you have considered or are considering:
Scientist. Rock star. Shepherd.

Three places you want to go on vacation:
The ocean. The mountains. Paris.

Three kids' names you like:
Margaret (because of the Gerard Manley Hopkins' poem)
Blue (I actually had a student named this - isn't it a cool name?)
Coltrane (Ha, David! I stole yours. Don't worry, though, I'm done having kids so I won't steal it in real life.)

Three things you want to do before you die:
Learn to play the piano.
Write several books.
Figure out that whole deal about the afterlife.

Three ways you are stereotypically a boy:
My clothing - jeans, t-shirt, sneakers.
My connection to nature - being an outdoors person.
Good at math (yeah, isn't it sad the stereotype is still around?)

Three ways you are stereotypically a girl:
The way my clothing fits (google "I have breasts" and you get me!)
My connection to nature - that whole earth mother stereotype.
Good at math (I decided to start a new stereotype).

Three celebrity crushes:
Dana Carvey. Eddie Murphy. Bill Murray.
Because a sense of humor is sexy.

Three people I would like to see take this quiz:
You know, I would love to watch people take this quiz. I think you can tell so much about people while watching them think and type. Watch her eyes, all that concentration. Watch the way his hands move. Listen to what she mutters under her breath.

But all my blogging friends live far away so I don't think I'm going to get to see anyone taking the quiz ....

4 comments:

Sergei C. said...

Damn, jo(e), that was a little saucier than your usual fare. Very nice.

Unknown said...

Yes, I was just thinking much the same thing. You sound like a person on vacation.

jo(e) said...

Yeah, my moods change with the seasons. And I love May and June! Early summer is such a relaxed time for me....

Anonymous said...

count me claustrophobic, too.