January 15, 2006

Sunday Evening Meme

Here’s a quick meme I got from Rana who got it from New Kid who got it from Seeking Solace who got it from Clare who got it from Bright Star who got it from Michelle who got it from Witchy who got it from Susan, who was the original source of the meme. She did it on Saturday morning, and by the time it got to me it was Sunday evening.


Hair: Long and hanging loose, all curly from the many times I snowboarded under the snow making machines today.

Wearing: Brown fleece pants and hoodie which feel wonderful because they are warm and dry.

Drinking: Weird red juice. That's what we call it: we just buy any generic brand of frozen fruit juice. It’s all the same, and we drink gallons of it.

Listening to: Fire crackling in the fireplace, Boy in Black and Skater Boy jamming on their guitars, and the voice of my Wonderful Smart Beautiful Daughter, who just got out of the shower and came downstairs in a towel to show me the bruises on her knees, saying, "It's a good thing snowboarding is not a summer sport."

Reading: Blogs to see what my blogging friends did all weekend while I was skiing and snowboarding.

10 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I'm in awe of all of that linking action. You're inclusive and nice. :)

jo(e) said...

I am usually pretty lazy about linking but I often do follow a meme to see if I can trace it to its source. It is sort of interesting to see who links to whom.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

My dad's favourite juice is "red juice." He doesn't care about the flavor, as long as it's red.

Scrivener said...

You call this a proper post? I guess I'll let you get away with it this once since you must be tired after al lthe skiing. But just in case you're wondering, your readers have noticed that this is a paltry shadow of your typical posts. ;)

jo(e) said...

But I put in EIGHT LINKS. Don't I get credit for that? That was way more work than writing a real post.

Scrivener said...

Links, shminks. We can get links anywhere. We come here for the poetic writing and for the happy, feel-good moral that you can draw out of each and every story. ;)

Anonymous said...

jo(e), I'm loving all your snowboarding/skiing stories. They're reminding me what REAL winter is like. Not, mind you, like I've actually done anything outside in winter for years, because I am lame. But your posts make me want to.

Rob Helpy-Chalk said...

For no particular reason, I want to do this one here.

Hair: relatively sheveled, largely because I got a haircut over Christmas from the man who has cut four generations of my family’s hair. He gave me all my haircuts as a boy. While I was home, I took my grandmother to his current salon so she could get her hair washed and set. It is an odd ritual, but for women of her age it is often the only time they get out of the house. While Grandmother was sitting under the hair dryer, I got my own hair cut. I was a little worried because R, the hairdresser, is not much younger than my grandmother, and also seems a little distracted at times. The cut turned out great though.

Wearing: Jeans, t-shirt, sweater, fleece.

Drinking: Scotch. The children are asleep. I get to drink scotch now. Got a problem?

Listening to: The ringing in my ears. Sometimes I go months without noticing it, but its back. I like the most recent Low album, but I need to keep things quiet, both to listen for the kids and to keep the kids asleep.

Reading: Jo(e), obviously.

litprof said...

I like the weird red juice, too. I don't drink it too often though.

Your comment about your daughter made me miss my parents even more. It's hard being away. What I wouldn't give to be able to just wander out and chat with them face to face.

Rana said...

Mmm... weird red juice. I know exactly what you mean by that.

At camp, in fifth grade, we called it "bug juice."

I'm glad you traced the meme back to its source. I often wonder about the paths memes take through the 'sphere.