April 18, 2008

Disappearing

April can be a ridiculously busy time for anyone on the academic calendar, students and professors alike, as we rush to meet all the deadlines that come with the end of the semester. A stretch of sunny weather this week just made things worse because I find it impossible to stay indoors in front of a computer when my woods are about to burst into green.

Despite, or perhaps because of, the long to-do lists on my desk, I'm abandoning my computer, leaving behind the stacks of papers, and driving off to a different part of the state. I'm leaving right after class, driving with Monking Friend through hills of farmland, off to the monastery for the weekend.

Since we are heading south, we are likely to see spring wildflowers and new leaves. The monks at this monastery breed sheep, and I'm hoping we'll get to see some baby sheep. I'm looking forward to walks through the hilly pastures and woodlands, long talks with Monking Friend, a visit with Brother Beekeeper, and prayer services filled with chanting and incense. Always, my time at the monastery is contemplative and restorative.

I'll be back next week.

10 comments:

YourFireAnt said...

Oh, we won't miss you a bit. Stay away. Stay!

;-)

FA

RageyOne said...

have a relaxing time!

Jennifer (ponderosa) said...

Have a lovely, lovely time & snuggle the lambs for us!

landismom said...

Have fun!

Iris said...

Sounds lovely!

Anonymous said...

Lambs, peace and quiet? Sounds like bliss to me.

concretegodmother said...

have a gorgeous, restful, restorative time! i can't wait to see the lambie-and-green-hills pictures again! i always love those of yours.

Yankee, Transferred said...

I know how much these weekends mean to you for your personal rejuvenation. Enjoy.

zelda1 said...

Have a restful time.

Patti said...

I'm jealous. All though I did just have a lovely week of bike rides and organizing the kitchen...