March 18, 2009

Almost three weeks

Arbor

This photo was taken almost three weeks ago. THREE WEEKS AGO. The reason that's significant is because the photo represents the last time I was completely healthy and free of cold germs.

I haven't been this sick in a long time. I'm beginning to think I end up catching several viruses at once. I seem to have all the symptoms that everyone else on the planet has been having, plus a few extra symptoms of my own. The deadly, hacking incessant cough has been the worst of it.

I'm finally beginning to feel a bit better; I think I hit some kind of turning point. I'm starting to get some sleep -- just a few hours at a time, but that's a huge improvement. The cough is weakening, losing its grip. I think I've managed to avoid pneumonia.

It's possible that at some point in the near future I will once again become the kind of human being who puts on real clothes, who combs her hair, who speaks in whole sentences, and who writes something other than how miserable she feels.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor thing.

Lomagirl said...

Get better soon! At least you've got all these lovely photos to post. And bless you for posting so regularily despite the cold from hell.

Sarah Sometimes said...

Glad you're feeling at least a little bit better! And yes, the pictures are gorgeous.

check out my blog for some exciting news.

Kyla said...

I do hope you feel better soon!

YourFireAnt said...

...and eats sitting up at a table?

'-)


FA

Bardiac said...

Eep! Hope you feel better quickly :)

But, at the lower left... are those flowers in the picture?????

Liz Miller said...

I hope you continue on the mend!

Busymomma66 said...

Glad you are starting on the road to recovery! Lots of wicked things out there.

Missing your posts (even though I don't comment often, every morning I'm here reading)!

BrightBoy said...

I hope you get better soon!

I once got really sick and didn't fully recover my singing voice for a month.

Anonymous said...

If you're feeling up to it, I'm nudging you (more gentle than an actual tag) to participate on a meme over at my blog: http://bitternsweet.wordpress.com/

jo(e) said...

I like that meme, Bitternsweet. I'm going to try to do it this weekend.

I'm feeling much better.

Anonymous said...

Poor you, that sounds ghastly. Glad to hear you're starting to feel a bit better.

I love that picture - I'd like to walk through there.