March 24, 2009

Spaghetti and blogging

I’ve been blogging for more than four years now, and the line between blogger/real life friend has long since disappeared. When Songbird came to town this week, I didn’t even think of it as a blogger meet-up, but just a chance to have lunch with a wonderful friend. What made the lunch special was that I finally had a chance to meet her husband, Pure Luck, a man I’ve heard great things about for the last four years. We ate in an Italian restaurant, with Songbird and me talking furiously and Pure Luck getting a word in edgewise whenever he could. (He’s taller than us, but we talk faster.) Even though it was the first time he’d met me, Pure Luck gave me a sentence of advice that was so perfect that I’ve written it on an index card to put on the bulletin board in my office. (Nope! I’m not going to say what it was, so don’t ask.) After being down with a bad cold for so long, it felt great to be out in a restaurant, chatting and laughing and spending time with two such nice people.

7 comments:

kathy a. said...

is that the best, or what?

Anonymous said...

Another blogger meet-up! I can't believe I haven't met you yet. When are you coming to Texas?

Unknown said...

It was such fun! That Pure Luck is quite the philosopher.

Lomagirl said...

I'm dying to know what Pure Luck said. (Is there an impure luck?) Maybe some of his luck will rub off.
And if you are in Texas, you've got to let me know, too.

jo(e) said...

Lomagirl: Oh, I'll let everyone know in advance if I'm coming to Texas.

YourFireAnt said...

I see in the comments that "Anonymous" wants to meet you. I've been wanting to meet that prolific writer for years!

FA

See ya this evening. We can have a pseudo-blogger-meetup.

Sue said...

Sounds wonderful!