March 15, 2009

Eh. Here's a photo.

Open to rain

I returned from Southern State with a cough that has gradually gotten worse, and which includes an excruciating headache, aches and pains, a sore throat, fever and chills, and a head cold. Yes, I seem to have a bit of everything. It’s that whole Southern hospitality thing, I guess. They didn’t want me to go home without a whole host of symptoms. Generous people, they are.

Unfortunately, when I get a cough, I get a really bad cough -- a trait I’ve inherited from my mother and passed onto my daughter. I’ve been coughing so hard that I vomit.

It’s not all bad. My daughter has gotten sick too and so we’ve been bonding over cups of hot tea. (Have I mentioned that my daughter decided that life in Big City Like No Other was not for her? She’s back at home and will be going to grad school in the fall.)

I don’t have the energy to write any kind of blog post so instead I am going to just stick up more photos from last week’s trip. The blossoms were taken in Southern State of Peachtrees and Red Soil, of course. Nothing is blooming yet here, although the snow has melted so we have hope that spring will be coming at some point ….

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

so pretty...
i hope you both feel better soon

Kyla said...

Oh, feel better. I'm the same way with coughs, they hit me hard.

The title made me chuckle!

Unknown said...

Take good care of yourselves! #1 Son is still in that City, but who knows how long he will last...

Anonymous said...

I'm just getting over my cold luckily, just wish I could've avoided being sick over spring break altogether though. Feel better. What has been making me smile is seeing all the moss cropping up. Get well soon :)

BrightBoy said...

Yay about Daughter being home! I wish her the best of luck with grad school and I bet you're thrilled to have her again.

Good luck recuperating.

kathy a. said...

eh, you brought the snow, after all....

but i hope you and daughter are feeling better very soon. and, glad she is home; sometimes life takes a turn.

Arvind said...

Hope you guys feel better soon! And...ditto the LOL at the post title.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, poor you. I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad you have your daughter back home. That must be nice.

I love the picture.

YourFireAnt said...

We've got stuff blooming here. Snowdrops are up. Rake your yard.

;-)

Kathryn said...

Get well soon, both of you...I'm glad you are together - I'm missing my girl rather/ Oh..word verification = allies. How perfect!

jo(e) said...

Fire Ant: The city is a warmer microclimate. The snowdrops at my house aren't blooming yet.

But pretty soon ....

Anonymous said...

How nice that your daughter is home!