September 29, 2005

Let the weekend begin ....

It's Thursday night, and the mood in the house is shifting into weekend mode. Boy in Black is happy because he finished the paper he was writing for AP English, an essay comparing Annie Dillard to Henry David Thoreau. Now he's figuring out which friends will be coming over tomorrow night and which ones need rides. Daughter, calling to confirm our Friday lunch plans, is happy that she has no classes tomorrow. She and her friends were heading out for a night on the town. She was wearing, she informed me, pearls with an AC/DC shirt. Shaggy Hair Boy just got off the telephone with PrettySingingCrushGirl; they are going to a dance together tomorrow night and the anticipation of that event certainly seems to be making Shaggy Hair smile. Beneath the mop of long curls, his freckles are dancing. With-a-Why has been working on a secret project -- boondoggle key chains for everyone in the family. He needs to make 20 of them, and he has three done already. He loves secret projects. Spouse is packing for a trip: he leaves in the morning for Staten Island to spend the weekend with a friend he's known since college. She's a close friend with a great sense of humor, and he is really looking forward to a couple days of talking and joking around.

And of course, the big news for me is that I finished grading my papers. What a wonderful feeling.

13 comments:

ccw said...

Yeah for the weekend! So glad that you finished grading papers, so that you can enjoy the weekend.

halloweenlover said...

Congrats on the paper grading!!! Wonderful news! And enjoy lunch with your beautiful daughter! How fun! I wish my mom were nearby to meet up.

Are you feeling fall where you are? We are having a very brisk (read freezing) day in Boston. BRRRRR. I wore a coat for the first time this morning.

And about the rain over Columbus day weekend? LA LA LA LA LA LA LA! I can't hear you.

Scrivener said...

Damn you and your finished, graded essays!

negativecapability said...

If your daughter met my little bro out with that outfit on he would totally ask her out. Well, he's too shy for that, but he'd want to!

Sergei C. said...

What in the world will you do when they are all grown and gone? It'll be so quiet . . . .

RussianViolets said...

Jealous of your paperless state. I wish we lived near each other as I'd be happy to share mine. :-)

Yankee, Transferred said...

have a great weekend!

Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

There's a happy feel in the air here! Have a good weekend.

Limon de Campo said...

And what will YOU do this weekend??

jo(e) said...

Good question, Limon. I hadn't even thought about it. Likely, I will start tackling all the stuff on my to-do list: cleaning closets before winter, chopping wood, getting the garden ready for the winter, etc. I like doing stuff around the house but I've been away a lot.

Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Found you through a comment at Kyra's Lunacy blog...

Have you seen the HDThoreau blog I link from blog? It's a blast.

Hh

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun at your house. Hope it all turned out well.

Rana said...

Huzzah! :)