October 21, 2005

Friday Extra Kid Blogging


Here's Blonde Niece. She's fourteen, born just a few weeks after Shaggy Hair Boy. Her mother, Blonde Sister, used to babysit my kids when they were little so our families have been always close. Her parents both work on weekends so Blonde Niece usually spends weekends at my house.

This photo was taken at the playground in town when we were up at camp this summer. Even though we didn't have any small children with us, we still stopped to run around and climb things and jump off platforms and slide through tubes. In our family, you are never too old to play on a playground.

9 comments:

ccw said...

This is a great picture! What pretty blonde hair.

J.K.F. said...

I knew I'd fit right in with your family , jo(e)! (hee!) I love playgrounds. Swings are my favorite. Being a Grown-Up grown up is overrated.

jo(e) said...

Yeah, I always feel sorry for people who think they are too grown up too play on playgrounds, who just stand there and stare while their kids are playing. I don't think we ever outgrow our need to play.

L said...

Nice picture, just curious, do you use a digital camera or scan your pictures? (I thought I'd ask because of the thin white line on the left side).

I LOVE playgrounds too, especially swings, like seadragon.

Oh, thanks for the comment, I responded in the comment section.

jo(e) said...

The photo is scanned in -- I think that is why my edges are always a little weird. The camera has broken though so I am thinking of investing in a digital camera ....

Mona Buonanotte said...

Could you have a more beautiful-er family? I think not!

I want to be one of your Friday Extra Kids someday!

lostinthemiddle said...

What a cool picture. The yellow tube framing the yellow-haired girl is just lovely.

Running2Ks said...

That is a really nice way to show youth and autumn. She's beautiful!

Mieke said...

I'm jealous you and your sister live so close to each other and can share children like that. Lucky you. Lucky them.