February 05, 2009

Ink spell

Lost in the pages

Shaggy Hair Boy reading on the comfy couch, amidst the noise and confusion of the household.


BlackenedBoy said...

He reminds me so much of myself when I was younger that it's a little scary.

Between this picture and the post about him being the most emotional of his siblings, there are a few similarities going on.

I didn't start caring about clothes or anything until I was like two years into college, and that is exactly the kind of outfit I wore all the time. Even I would not have been brave enough to use a scrunchie, though.

Superficialities evidently do not concern any of your children. You've done a good job instilling the truly important things in their minds.

Bridgett said...

My daughter is reading that book right now. I can see her slouched on the couch in the other room, looking engrossed.

The Archduchess said...

I love his hands.

Since I was a child, I've been fascinated by adolescent hands and their remarkable angles. I've drawn them and photographed them and awaited the day when I would have them. I never did, but I still believe they are the ideal drawing model.

Shaggy Hair Boy has perfect hands.

bsouth said...

It is such a peaceful shot - it's hard to imagine noice and chaos in the background!

jo(e) said...

Blackened Boy: It's how all three of my boys dress. They each have a couple pairs of zip-off pants and a bunch of t-shirts. And no, none of them are a bit self-conscious about what they look like. Of my four kids, I would have to agree you are most like Shaggy Hair Boy. And not just because you both have beautiful hair!

The Archduchess: Yes, he has great hands. He plays both piano and guitar; it seems to me that musicians often have beautiful hands.