July 12, 2005

Postcard from Pilgrim/Heretic!


Pilgrim/Heretic had promised to send some postcards to the regulars at the virtual bar she runs. And it seems that some of the regulars are getting a little competitive about who would get their postcard first and who would post it first.

For the record, Phantom Scribbler won the contest. I am posting my postcard almost a day later. But it was hardly a fair contest. I live in a rural area in the middle of nowhere, which means mail takes forever. And Phantom had only to push aside two tiny little kids to get to her scanner, while I had to push my way through a whole crowd of hulking teenagers to get to mine.

Anyhow, the photos are of the ancient bridges from the little town in the mountains where Pilgrim got married. Puente Mosquea. Puente Mocha. Puente Nuevo.

I love getting stuff in the mail from blogging friends. It's nice to hold something in my hand as proof that you all really do exist. Thank you Pilgrim!

7 comments:

Phantom Scribbler said...

Me, competitive? Never!

For the record, I don't have a scanner. Just a digital camera and true grit, baby.

Of course, you get a prize for getting three postcards!

(I got my second today, I'll post it in a minute.)

jo(e) said...

And you managed to post a comment within five minutes of me putting up the picture of the postcard. You are impressively fast, Phantom.

Phantom Scribbler said...

Hah, well my impressively fast commenting is thanks to a particularly fascinating episode of Zoom. Which is now over. So I'm off to the playground -- feel free to trump with your amazing speed (and scanner) while I'm gone...

Scrivener said...

I'm really slow, since I just now finally got my picture up. I mean, really, six days to take a picture and upload it. I am ashamed of myself.

jo(e) said...

Scrivener: Either you are lying to us about when you got your postcard ... or you have seriously lost your competitive edge.

RussianViolets said...

Hey, Jo(e), this might be a candidate for tomorrow's whine-fest over at Phantom Scribbler's place. :-)

Rana said...

Oh, tut. I'm here in a great big ol' city, and I still didn't get mine before you. *grin*

And then I dawdled getting the picture up. Ah, well. I have the all-purpose excuse. I'm _moving_.