July 01, 2005

The Seven Question Quiz

Bitch, Ph.D. tagged me for this meme. I don't think it even has a name.

1. What were three of the stupidest things you have done in your life?

Hey, I just wrote a post about how I don't like lying in bed thinking about all the stupid things I've ever done. So I am going to have to change this. You really don't want to hear about the time I jumped down the stairs the day after moving into my new house and broke my leg in two places, do you?

Smartest things: Having children. Giving up alcohol. Getting an education.

2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?

Who? Well, it's an interconnected group of all kinds of people: family, friends, and writers. My life is crowded with people who influence me. All four of my kids would be pretty high on the list.

3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up to five people to dine with, who would you pick?

Oh, come on. If I got my hands on a time machine, you think a dinner party would be my goal? Ha! Yeah, I have seen Star Trek re-runs and epsiodes of Dr. who, and I understand how dangerous it is to make changes in the time line and fool around with the space time continuum, but I'd have a hard time not resisting.

I don't think I'd go back and change anything in my personal life. Because right now I like who I am. I'm willing to keep everything in my past. But as far as the dominant culture in this culture goes ..... let's just say that if I get my hands on a time machine, George W. Bush's name will no longer be in any history book.

4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?

I wish every person on the planet felt loved.
I wish we did a better job of loving the planet.
Yeah, and I'd eliminate sexism, classicism, racism, homophobia, all the isms.

No, those things are not supernatural. I think they are do-able goals.

5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.

Two things we need: Sidewalk cafes where people crowd around tiny round tables, chatting in French and eating crusty baguettes. The Seine. See, it would be much more fun to have my friends over if I lived in Paris.

Two things to avoid: Well, don't visit in the summer if you don't like mosquitoes. And yeah, don't visit in February if you are driving, because you will get snowed in. Unless you want to get snowed in and spend a week or so trapped in a small house with a whole bunch of crazy kids, building snow forts and having snowball fights and hanging out by the fire.

6. Name one event that has changed your life.

Are we looking for something personal here? A traumatic car accident in December of 1991 changed my life dramatically. In ways both good and bad, although I am beginning to think maybe the good will outweigh the bad in the long run.

7. Tag 5 people.

Yeah, I am too tired to run around tagging people. Can I get five volunteers?

6 comments:

jo(e) said...

PPB: You can visit any time. Bring the guitar. I think my kids would love you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I found you blog really intresting. Kinda makes me feel that very little thought went into mine. I like what you said about G.W. Bush thou, and Im an Australian!

Not Scott said...

Time machine and George W. Bush--hmm. Perhaps an alcohol related accident. Or an overdose.

sure, I'll volunteer. I love talking about myself--tag, I'm it.

Scrivener said...

Um, I'll do it. But you know how quickly I get memes completed, so don't be checking in for my answers too frequently.

RussianViolets said...

I'd volunteer, but Profgrrrrl tagged me already. Probably doesn't count, huh?

Running2Ks said...

I like your meme answers. Found and liked your blog--linking to you :)