March 05, 2010

Makes my day

In the foyer of the big brick building at Little Green, students often set up bake sales, t-shirt sales, and all kinds of fund-raising efforts. When I walked through after my classes, I could see that the table had been covered with a green sheet and plastic bins of cookies.

"Anything vegan?" I asked the sleepy student with the cash box.

He waved his arm at the sign on the table. "We're an animal rights' group. It's all vegan."

Score. For a couple of dollars, I walked away with a brownie, a chocolate chip muffin, and a handful of cookies. I have to stay on campus late today to chair a candidacy exam, but at least now I've got a late afternoon snack.

7 comments:

L said...

Now *I'm* hungry! :-D

landismom said...

Yum! Late afternoon brownie--what's better than that?

Anonymous said...

chocolate chip muffin. . .chocolate . . . vegan . . . is that even possible??? (snicker snicker)
If one may ask, what camera do you do these wonderful pictures with?
papaG

jo(e) said...

Gep: I have a Nikon D60.

Yankee, Transferred said...

I know you love your school. You should.

Anonymous said...

Vegan is supposed to puritanical and moral food, not brownies!

Liz Miller said...

You wrote, "Score."

Shouldn't it have been, "SCORE!!!!"?