June 09, 2011

Blueberry, peach, strawberry-rhubarb

Small town

We stopped in a small town to stretch our legs. Below the bridge, a couple were eating sandwiches at a picnic table while their two dogs ran around on the rock outcroppings. On the other side of the park, a boy stood at the water's edge with a fishing pole. As we climbed back up to the church parking lot where we'd left our car, I saw a sign tucked up against the building. I am tempted to come back next month for a slice of homemade pie.

4 comments:

Magpie said...

Oh! That's definitely something to put on the calendar!

Cindy said...

I'd go back for pie. mmmm.

Kyla said...

How could you forget apple? It is my MVP, most valuable pie. ;)

jo(e) said...

Kyla: Yeah, apple pie is pretty much the only pie I make.

I was trying to think of pies that are in season. Apple pies don't come until fall here.