October 20, 2013

Sunday walk at the lake

Fall at the lake

I'm so busy during fall semester that sometimes it seems like I hardly have time to breathe. I'm preparing for classes, going to meetings, grading papers, teaching classes, and going to more meetings. In my spare time (which ends up being early Saturday mornings), I've been working on a revision of my manuscript.

But too much time indoors can make me miserable. So when the rain stopped and the sun came out, I said to my husband, "Quick! Let's jump in the car and go to Pretty Colour Lake! This could be the last nice day of autumn."

We weren't the only ones who had that idea. As we walked the trail around the lakes, we passed all kinds of people coming the other way: A man with three young kids, who kept wanting to stop and throw sticks in the water. An elderly couple who held hands while they walked. Two women who had three dogs between them, who were chatting while they walked. Some teenagers who were shoving and teasing each other. All of us, it seemed, had the same idea -- to enjoy this beautiful weather before the snow comes.

  The trail around the lake

7 comments:

L said...

Oh, and all I can think is "I was there with her!!" whenever you mention the lakes. Sigh. I hope it happens again (maybe around some other trails & lakes or waterfalls in that area).

It's SO hard to have too many friends & many virtual turned "real life" friends -- there's never enough time to spend with them. Sigh...

Unknown said...

That first photo is beautiful. I wish my girls and I had time to visit there last time we were in the area. We did so much is such a little time, but we missed the lake!

Val said...

Beautiful, jo(e). The clouds make the first photo, and I love the light orb at the bottom of the second.

Anonymous said...

Lovely. Fall is so beautiful in your part of the world.

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures. Where is this gorgeous lake? Btw, thank you for reading my blog. I am really enjoying yours.

jo(e) said...

Spark Girl: It's Green Lakes State Park.

BrightenedBoy said...

Your fall photos are always so stunning.