June 11, 2007

On the road again

After less than 24 hours home, I am off on another trip, this time by myself, flying south. I am heading to my favorite conference.

I've been looking forward to this conference for months. I'll be going to sessions to talk about books and ideas, about teaching and writing, about environmental issues and feminism. I will get to meet some of my favorite writers. In the evenings, friends will bring out guitars and harmonicas for a jam session, and we'll stay up late, talking and listening to music.

I'll be seeing friends I made on a whitewater rafting trip I took summer before last, and friends I've know for years. Artist Friend will be there! I am rooming with three very cool women, at least one of whom has agreed to pose naked for the blog. The week will include several blogger meet-ups.

The conference will begin with all kinds of happy reunions and end on Saturday with a raft trip. I am looking forward to all kinds of great conversations.

9 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

If you can ever work it out, you should try to go to Teach (or Teaching) for a Change. They hold it every year in the third week of June in Park City Utah. I've done it several years in a row. It is a casual, teaching-oriented conference. It centers on active learning techniques applicable in all disciplines.

If you want more info, let me know..

Lorianne said...

Safe travel! I arrived yesterday at Your Favorite Conference & look forward to meeting you at the opening reception.

Bridget said...

have a good trip, as always your descriptions make everything sound like so much fun!

Yankee T said...

Can't wait for the photo and the report!

Linda said...

Have a great trip!

Unknown said...

I'm just glad when we meet we won't be roommates...

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

sounds like fun, wish I could be there, too!

Lilian said...

Oooh, enjoy your trip to your favorite conference. I'm at my favorite conference now, the first time in 4 years, after attending/presenting 3 years in a row. I can't believe I'm still a graduate student with no funding to go to conferences... that takes quite a bit of the joy. That and the uncertainty of whether I'll ever be an academic and get to enjoy them in a regular basis :)

So, even though I'm at a conference too, I'm a bit jealous still, (sorry :( ). Can't wait for your posts, though! I'm sure they won't fail to cheer me up. :D

Robin said...

Have a wonderful week!